Terms and Conditions of ITS GAME Site
The Content of “ITS GAME Site” is provided free to members and non-members in accordance with the policy stipulated by the Agency. The Agency does not provide content, permit use, or sell or trade products for a fee (contract) in exchange for money from members or non-members.
Chapter 1: General Provision
Article 1 (Purpose)
- 1.1 The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to stipulate rights, obligations and responsibilities between the Korea Creative Content Agency (the ‘Agency’) and Users in relation to the use of online content and other services provided by the Agency.
Article 2 (Definition)
- 2.1 The definitions of terms defined in the Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- 2.1.1 Agency refers to an operator engaged in economic activities related to the content industry and provides content and other relevant services to users.
- 2.1.2 User refers to members and non-members who use the content and other services provided by the Agency in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- 2.1.3 Member refers to a User who is given an access ID in accordance with the procedure set forth by the Agency. Members can use the Content and other services provided by the Agency.
Members shall be divided into individual and/or corporate according to membership type.
- 2.1.4 Non-member refers to a person who is not a Member but uses some services provided by the Agency.
- 2.1.5 Content refers to information or materials, e.g. signs, letters, shapes, colors, voice, sound, images, video, etc. (including, combinations of such materials).
- 2.1.6 ID refers to a combination of letters or numbers determined by the Member and approved by the Agency for identifying the Member and granting access to Content, as well as various other services.
- 2.1.7 Password refers to a combination of letters or numbers determined by the Member that matches an “ID” given to the Member to confirm Member identity and protect confidentiality.
Article 3 (Provision of Agency Information)
Article 4 (Posting of Terms and Conditions)
- 4.1 The Agency presents the Terms and Conditions on the landing page of User consent.
- 4.2 The Agency allows the User to print or download the Terms and Conditions at any time.
- 4.3 The Agency shall include a specific functionality through which the User and Agency can exchange inquiries and responses about the Terms and Conditions.
Article 5 (Revision to Terms and Conditions)
- 5.1 The Agency may change the Terms and Conditions to the extent that it does not violate the CONTENT INDUSTRY PROMOTION ACT, the ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC., the ACT ON THE REGULATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS, and the Guideline for Content User Protection set by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and other relevant laws or commercial practices.
- 5.2 2 In the event of revising the Terms and Conditions, the Agency shall specify the effective date and reason for revision, along with the current Terms and Conditions, on the landing page of the “Customer Site” ten days before the effective date (or 30 days before if the modification is unfavorable to Users or includes issues deemed to be important) and for a considerable period after the effective date. The Terms and Conditions to be revised, effective date, and reason for revision (including explanation if revision is related to important issues) shall be emailed to existing members.
- 5.3 If the Terms and Conditions are to be revised, the Agency shall check whether the Members agree with application of the revised Terms and Conditions for ten days (or 30 days prior if the modification is unfavorable to Users or includes issues deemed to be important) after notification of the revised Terms and Conditions.
- 5.4 When the Agency has notified a Member of revision to the Terms and Conditions, the member shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms and Conditions if they have not expressed their intention of refusal during the period stipulated in Article 5.3.
- 5.5 If the Member refuses application of the revised Terms and Conditions, the Agency shall provide services in accordance with the revised Terms and Conditions when it is technically and commercially feasible according to the revised Terms and Conditions. However, the Member may unsubscribe at any time in accordance with Article 12.1 if content and various services are provided according to the revised Terms and Conditions as content and various services are technically and commercially difficult to be provided by the Agency in accordance with the Terms and Conditions prior to revision.
Article 6 (Interpretation of Terms and Conditions)
- 6.1 Matters not stipulated in the Terms and Conditions and interpretation shall be in accordance with the CONTENTS INDUSTRY PROMOTION ACT, the ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC., the ACT ON THE REGULATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS, and GUIDELINE FOR CONTENT USER PROTECTION set by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism and other relevant laws or commercial practice.
Chapter 2: Membership Subscription, Cancellation and Privacy Protection
Article 7 (Membership)
- 7.1 Membership is concluded when the Agency approves application after the User agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- 7.2 Membership applications require the following information (mandatory):
-Access ID, password, name, email, and mobile phone number
- 7.3 Corporate membership applications require the following additional information (mandatory) to be submitted after application is submitted:
-Company classification, company name, country, year of establishment, number of employees, company logo, and company introduction
- 7.4 The following are optional and may be provided after the corporate membership is submitted:
-Homepage, main phone number, representative email address, company video, and corporate IR
- 7.5 In principle, the Agency shall approve a membership application of the aforementioned User. However, the Agency may refuse a User membership application for any of the following reasons:
- 7.5(i) If the applicant's membership has been revoked due to an act prohibited by the Terms and Conditions.
- 7.5(ii) If the applicant does not use their real name or use someone else's name
- 7.5(iii) If the applicant has provided false information or has not provided information suggested by the Agency.
- 7.5(iv) If the application cannot be approved due to reasons attributable to the User or in violation of all other matters stipulated.
- 7.5(v) If an applicant has not reached the required age and the Content usage grade is stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations
- 7.6 The Agency may withhold or reject approval of membership applications if there is no room for service facilities or there are technical or business issues.
- 7.7 If a membership application is rejected or deferred in accordance with Articles 7.3 and 7.4, the Agency shall notify the applicant immediately. However, the aforementioned clause shall not apply if the applicant cannot be notified not because of negligence by the Agency. The membership period shall begin from the time the User receives the Agency’s’ approval.
Article 8 (Special Regulation on Membership for Users under the Age 14)
- 8.1 The Agency shall obtain the consent of parents or legal representative (the “Legal Representative”) before granting a membership application for Users (the “Child”) under the age of 14. However, if consent of the Legal Representative is unavailable, the membership application of the Child shall be rejected.
- 8.2 The Agency may request minimum information from the Child who is applying for membership, including the name of the Legal Representative, in order to obtain consent.
- 8.3 The Legal Representative of the Child may request to review, modify, or update personal information of the Child or to withdraw consent for membership. If consent is withdrawn, the Agency shall destroy the personal information collected on the Legal Representative and Child.
Article 9 (Change of Member Information)
- 9.1 A Member may review and modify their personal information at any time on the “My Page” screen.
- 9.2 When the Agency receives a change request from a Member due to special circumstances, e.g. business closure, the Agency shall change private information accordingly without delay.
- 9.3 The Agency shall compensate for damages to the Member caused by not changing private information in accordance with Article 9.2. However, the same shall not be applied if the Agency proves that there is no ill intention or negligence.
- 9.4 The Agency shall not be held responsible for any disadvantages caused by a Member not modifying private information in accordance with Article 9.2 or not notifying the Agency of such modification.
Article 10 (Management Obligation of access ID and Password of Member)
- 10.1 The Member shall be responsible for managing ID and Password, and shall not allow usage by a third party.
- 10.2 If the Member finds out that their access “ID” and Password has been stolen or used by a third party, they must immediately notify the Agency and follow instructions.
- 10.3 In the case of Article 10.2, the Agency shall not be held responsible for any disadvantages caused by the Member not notifying the Agency or not following the guidance of the Agency even when notified.
Article 11 (Notice to Member)
- 11.1 If the Agency needs to notify the Member, notification can be sent to an e-mail address designated by the Member.
- 11.2 2 In the case of notifying all Members, the Agency may substitute for the notice in Article 11.1 by posting on the bulletin board of the Agency site or presenting a pop-up screen for a period of more than 10 days. However, revision of the Terms and Conditions in accordance with Article 5 or important issues related to Members shall be notified as set forth in 11.1.
Article 12 (Withdrawal of Membership and Disqualifications)
- 12.1 The Member may request withdrawal from the Agency at any time, whereby the Agency shall immediately cancel the membership.
- 12.2 In the event the Member is subject to any of the following, the Agency may temporarily limit or suspend the membership. In such cases, the Agency shall notify the User of the reason.
- 12.2(i) Providing false information when registering as a Member or applying for or changing Content
- 12.2(ii) Stealing other people's private information
- 12.2(iii) Modifying of information posted by the Agency or a third party.
- 12.2(iv) Using, transmitting, or posting of information (computer programs, etc.) prohibited by the Agency
- 12.2(v) Infringement of intellectual property rights, e.g. copyrights of the Agency or a third party
- 12.2(vi) Damaging the reputation or otherwise interfering with the business of the Agency or a third party
- 12.2(vii) Disclosure or posting of obscene or violent remarks, messages, images, sounds, and other information against public order and customs on the site
- 12.2(viii) Evading or incapacitating the technical protection measures of the Agency
- 12.2(ix) Acts prohibited by other related laws or against public order and customs
- 12.3 In the event that a Member whose membership has been restricted or suspended repeats the acts prohibited in Article 12.2, or does not take corrective action within 30 days despite a request for correction having been issued, the Agency may terminate the membership. However, the same rule may not be applied if six months have elapsed since the membership was restricted or suspended.
- 12.4 In the event that the Agency disqualifies a membership in accordance with Article 12.3, the Agency shall notify the Member of the reason for disqualification. However, if the Member provides an explanation within 30 days from the date of receiving the notice of disqualification, and if the explanation is justified, the Agency shall immediately restore the membership.
- 12.5 In the event that a Member cancels or is disqualified from membership, the Agency shall nullify the Member’s private information in accordance with the scope and procedure set forth in the relevant laws, e.g. the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.
Article 13 (Privacy Protection)
- 13.1 The Agency may collect the minimum information necessary for the User to access Content with consent of the User, in addition to information in the application form in Article 7.2.
- 13.2 When the Agency collects private information to use, the Agency shall notify the User of all the following matters: The Agency shall also notify users even if any one of the following is subject to revision:
- 13.2(i) Collection and use of personal information
- 13.2(ii) Personal information being collected
- 13.2(iii) Retention and period of use of private information
- 13.2(iv) Privacy statement
- 13.2(v) Identification (affiliation, name, phone number, and other contact information) of the person in charge of private information
- 13.3When providing a User’s private information to a third party, the Agency shall notify the User of the following and obtain consent: The Agency shall also notify the User if any one of the following is subject to revision:
- 13.3(i) Identification of the private information recipient (name (including, name of representative in the case of a corporation), address, phone number, etc.)
- 13.3(ii) Purpose of using private information by the recipient
- 13.3(iii) Details of private information to be provided
- 13.3(iv) Period of retention and use of private information by the information recipient
- 13.4 The Agency must not use information provided by the User in the application and information collected in accordance with Article 13.1 for any other purpose without the consent of the User or provide such information to a third party. In case of violation, the Agency shall bear liability. However, the same shall not apply in any of the following cases:
- 13.4(i) Providing in a form unable to identify a specific individual where the information is necessary for statistical drafting, academic or market research
- 13.4(ii) Where required for identification to prevent theft
- 13.4(iii) Where required by law
- 13.5 A User may withdraw consent to Articles 13.1 or 13.3 at any time.
- 13.6 At any time, User may request to read or review private information possessed by the Agency, the status of private information used by the Agency or provided to a third party, and the status of consent to collection, use, and provision of private information to the Agency. The User may also request correction if any error is found.
- 13.7 When the User requests correction of error, the Agency shall take necessary measures, e.g. correcting the error or notifying the User of the reason for not correcting the error, without delay, and shall not use or provide private information until the necessary action has been taken.
- 13.8 The Agency shall designate an administrator for private information protection, and compensate Users for damages caused by loss, theft, leakage, falsification, etc. of private information. However, the same shall not be applied if the Agency proves that there is no ill intention or negligence.
- 13.9 Parties whom receive private information from the Agency may use the private information only within the scope agreed upon by the User. If the purpose is achieved, the private information must be destroyed without delay.
- 13.10 The Agency shall protect the private information of Users as stipulated by related laws, e.g. the PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION ACT, and the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.
Chapter 3: General Agreement
Article 14 (Liabilities of Agency)
- 14.1 The Agency shall faithfully implement the rights and fulfill the obligations stipulated in the laws and regulations and the Terms and Conditions.
- 14.3 If opinions or complaints raised by the User in relation to use of Content or other services are justified, the Agency shall solve the problem without delay, and notify Users of the result via the bulletin board or e-mail.
Article 15 (Liabilities of User)
- 15.1 Users must not engage in acts stipulated in Article 12.2
- 15.2 Users must comply with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, the User Guide, and precautions and notices announced by the Agency in relation to use of Content and other services.
Article 16 (Provision and discontinuation of Content)
- 16.1 In principle, the Agency shall provide necessary services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to enable User access to Content.
- 16.2 The Agency may divide Content into certain areas and set available time for each area separately. In this case, the Agency shall notify Users in advance.
- 16.3 The Agency may temporarily suspend use of Content in the event of maintenance, replacement and breakdown of information and communication facilities, e.g. computer or communication disruption, or significant operational reasons. In this case, the Agency shall notify Users via the method specified in Article 11. However, if there exists unavoidable reasons for which the Agency cannot notify Users in advance, notice may be given at a later time.
- 16.4 The Agency may temporarily suspend use of Content in the event of maintenance, replacement and breakdown of information and communication facilities, e.g. computer, communication disruption, or significant operational reasons. In this case, the Agency shall notify Users via the method specified in Article 11. However, if there exists unavoidable reasons for which the Agency cannot notify Users in advance, notice may be given at a later time.
- 16.5 In the event that the Content service cannot be provided due to change of business items, business abandonment or integration between companies, the Agency shall notify Users via the method set forth in Article 11. In this case, periodic maintenance time shall be the time notified via the method set forth in Article 11.
Article 17 (Change of Content and other Services)
- 17.1 The Agency may change Content and other services provided according to operational and technical needs.
- 17.2 In the event of changing Content, various services, method of use, and time of use, the Agency shall post the reason for change, details and provision date of various services and Content to be changed on the landing page or the initial screen of the relevant "Content" for ten days or more before the change.
Article 18 (Information Provision and Posting of Promotion Material)
- 18.1 The Agency may provide Members with information necessary for Users in relation to the use of Content and other services through notices or e-mails. However, Users may at any time refuse to receive e-mails from the Agency.
- 18.2 In the case of a User refusing to receive e-mails, according to Article 18.1, the Agency shall not transmit information or promotional materials to the User’s e-mail address. However, if it is unavoidable in relation to Content of the User and use of various services, the Agency may transmit related information to User’s e-mail address despite refusal of reception pursuant to the clause of Article 18.1.
- 18.3 In order to transmit promotional material set forth in Article 18.1 to Users by phone or fax, the Agency shall obtain the prior consent of the User.
Article 19 (Bulletin Board Management)
- 19.1 If a Member’s posts contain violations of related laws, e.g. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK ACT and the COPYRIGHT ACT, the right holder may request suspension or deletion of the Post in accordance with the procedures stipulated by the relevant laws and the Agency shall take measures in accordance with the relevant laws.
- 19.2 If there is a reason for an infringement of the right, violation of the Agency's policy and related laws, or if a posts is deemed illegal, such a post shall be deleted and temporarily action taken even if there is no request from the person holding the right in accordance with Article 19.1.
- 19.3 Types of illegal posts are as follows:
- 19.3(i) Replies, and comments that deliberately cause confusion or controversy
- 19.3(ii) Citations from unknown sources, content for which the publisher is not responsible
- 19.3(iii) Illegal materials, e.g. resident registration generator, card generator, item generator, etc.
- 19.3(iv) Software viruses that cause malfunction of service-related facilities, destruction or confusion of information, including other computer codes, files, and programs
- 19.3(v) Posts that impersonate employees or bulletin board administrators of the Agency or generally misrepresent another person’s name
- 19.3(vi) Posts that are determined to be in violation of other related laws and guidelines of the Agency
- 19.3(vii) Infringement of private information and defamatory posts
- 19.3(viii) Copyright infringement
- 19.3(ix) Posts that are against the Constitution, social order, or customs
- 19.3(x) Illegal advertising, commercial posts
- 19.3(xi) Obscene posts
- 19.3(xii) Posting the same content multiple times, or repeatedly registering the same content on each bulletin board
- 19.3(xiii) Posting about a specific person/topic or monopolizing the bulletin board to cause discomfort to other members
- 19.3(xiv) Posts without title and content, that are not immediately visible on the screen due to heavy noise or data corruption
- 19.3(xv) Posting public expression of opinions and criticisms regarding the service policy of the Agency
- 19.3(xvi) Posting content that does not match the topic of the bulletin board.
- 19.4 The post administrator of the Agency shall be granted with the right to modify content of posts of Member when necessary (in various cases, such as finding incorrect input information, changing site policies, etc.). Further, after modifying the content, the administrator shall notify the relevant Member of the modification.
Article 20 (Attribution of Copyright)
- 20.1 Copyrights and other intellectual property rights for Content produced or owned by the Agency shall belong to the Agency.
- 20.2 Users shall hold the rights, such as copyright for independently created content, when using the online service. In the event the Agency intends to use the work of a User, the Agency shall obtain permission from the User.
- 20.3 Among the information obtained by using Content and other services provided by the Agency, Users must not be copy, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast or use in any other way or allow a third party to use information where intellectual property rights are vested to the Agency or the provider without the prior consent of the Agency or the provider. However, the same shall not apply if allowed by the COPYRIGHT LAW and the Content Industry Promotion Act.
Article 21 (Restrictions on Use of the Agency)
- 21.1 In the event of a User performing an act stipulated in Article 12.2, the Agency may restrict use of Content and other services for a set period without prior notice.
- 21.2 The restriction on use of Article 21.1 shall take effect when expression of intent has reached User in accordance with the method stipulated in Article 11.1.
- 21.3 Users may file an objection against the restriction of use by the Agency. If the objection of the User is justifiable, the Agency shall immediately take necessary measures to allow use Content and other services.
Article 22 (Exemption Clause)
- 22.1 The Agency shall not be responsible for any obstacles in the use of Content
- 22.2 The Agency shall not be responsible for information, data, facts, reliability, accuracy, etc. posted by Member in relation to Content.
- 22.3 The Agency shall not be held responsible for reliability and accuracy of information, data, and facts posted on the Bulletin Board by a User or a third party.
- 22.4 The Agency shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising between Users or between a User and a third party in relation to Content
Article 23 (Dispute Resolution)
- 23.1 The Agency shall properly and promptly handle concerns or complaints raised by Users and notify results thereafter. However, in the event of prompt measures being difficult to implement, the Agency shall notify the User of the reason and schedule.
- 23.2 In the event the Agency does not provide measures to concerns raised by Users due to unjustifiable reasons, the Agency shall notify the User of the reason.
- 23.3 In the event of a dispute between the Agency and User, the Agency or User may apply to the Contents Dispute Mediation Committee for dispute mediation as stipulated in Article 29 of the Contents Industry Promotion Act.
The Terms and Conditions shall be effective from August 30, 2021.